Formal Bio - Julie Johnson
Julie has been featured in the local media and on the BBC and has published two books: Stepping into Success and Top 10 Business Lessons from a Small Business Owner.
She is on the panel of Sage Small Business Experts, recognised for her contribution to the business community, her knowledge, influence, and on-line presence.
And she was a finalist in the NE Women Entrepreneur of the Year Awards 2013.
Julie is highly qualified and accredited in her field. She is a Graduate and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (FCIPD), recognised in 2016 for providing exceptional service to human resources and people development for over 30 yrs.
She is a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership & Management (FILM), and holds Vocational Assessor, Internal and External Verifier Awards for Leadership, Management and Coaching qualifications.
Julie is also an Accredited Member of the Association of Professional Coaches, Trainers and Consultants (APCTC).
As a Speaker and Facilitator Julie is often described as inspirational and passionate, yet reassuringly real! She takes a creative approach, and aims to leave you inspired, motivated, and thinking differently. This, combined with her ‘down to earth’ manner, and the fact that she shares specific techniques and action steps, makes her contributions both fun and transformational.
Julie is a proud mum and lifelong Irish dancer.
She loves her life with her husband of 30 years, in North East England. Her two grown up children are her biggest source of inspiration (and also worry!) And her greatest passion is dancing...Irish dancing in particular. As a World Championship medallist, then performer with a folk band, Julie travelled extensively in her younger years, and still loves to travel.
Julie Johnson is an inspirational and insightful coach whose mission is to help people and organisations create more (and more fulfilling) success. By enabling them to unlock and realise potential, in a way that contributes to overall levels of happiness and well-being, and improves productivity, engagement, and impact.
She is a trained and highly experienced coach of 15+ years. Accredited with both The Coaching Academy (formerly the Life Coaching Academy) and Coaching and Mentoring International (formerly UK College of Life Coaching).
Prior to her coaching career Julie worked in the National Health Service. She established the HR function in a global manufacturing company, and set up their internal Training School.
She was employed by a national Training and Development organisation and latterly by a micro Consultancy business. Her roles covered HR, Training, Consultancy, Project Management and Management working with large budgets, teams and stakeholders.
Since starting her own business Julie has worked with hundreds of individuals and organisations (see below) delivering to individuals and teams across multiple jurisdictions and sectors.
- From leading a regional breast cancer care conference, to facilitating a public sector finance team through a restructuring programme.
- From being a Lead consultant and contributing author to ‘Pressures, Promotions, Pay-rises and Parity: A study exploring the barriers to womens confidence and progression in the workplace’. To coaching SME owners and MDs to improve business and HR strategy and planning, and to develop their leadership skills.
- From researching and recommending development approaches for year 9 AimHigher pupils, to delivering leadership development programmes to middle managers. And coaching individual managers, professionals and those in periods of transition, to move forward positively, with confidence, and with a greater self-awareness and understanding.
Julie has worked with a diverse range of companies and organisations
as a Coach, Workshop Facilitator, Speaker and Trainer
Here are some partners and clients:
- Newcastle University
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Contitech Beattie
- North East Family Health Services Agency
- Darlington Memorial Hospital
- Tyneside TEC
- Business Services Authority
- Gentoo (Formerly Sunderland Housing Company)
- ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management)
- Forward Ladies
- SIG Combibloc
- NatWest Bank
- Inspire Network
- Fresh Start Events
- Business Link
- WiRE (Women in Rural Enterprise)
- The Met Club
- Business Northumberland
- South Tyneside Local Education Authority